As I posted about a month ago things have become pretty routine around here. Most of the time Lori feels pretty bad. She really hasn't "recovered" from her last chemo treatment. She has tried real hard to have good days but it just doesn't work out for her.
It is getting harder for her to get up and down the stairs. She really gets out of breath. We try to limit her coming upstairs but with my office upstairs she makes the trip a couple of times a day. We bought a phone system with an intercom . . . but she doesn't always use it and sometimes I don't have the extension :(
Instead of good days we hope for good "parts" of a day. All we can do is hope this latest flare will pass soon and she will get some energy back. You can see the frustration in her eyes when she does something, anything really, and then has to rest on the couch afterwards. Every couple of days she breaks down and cries about it. I know it's out of frustration and I wish there was something I can do. We both know there is nothing either one of us can do, which is very frustrating.
Unfortunately the pain is pretty bad as well, and it is all over. Yesterday she said it hurt her when I was caressing her arm while holding her. I even have to do "soft" hugs. It is pretty hot outside for the Hot Tub so we haven't used it as much as we could. There is a thin line between helping with the pain and getting overheated - still working on that one.
So, we just get through one day at a time. Hoping for a good morning or maybe the afternoon. Lot's of hugs and naps, then bed till the next day when we do it all again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment