Saturday, April 29, 2006

Relief is Here… Or Maybe Not


…or maybe so?!? Wednesday was terrible as I posted. Thursday there was some relief and a lot of hope. Friday it was the same as Thursday. Today we’re going the other way again, more pain than not.

The good news is there are times when the pain is less severe. It is the 1st time in many, many weeks that there has been any type of a break. The hope is it will continue to get better (or at least not get any worse) for the next week or so. Any relief should allow the nerves/muscles/whatever to become less inflamed and start to heal. In another 10 days we go for the next treatment. If everything is even slightly better going into the next round it should improve significantly after the second shot. That would be GREAT! ! !

Lori’s Mom continues to improve daily. Lori spent about 4 hours with her yesterday (too long, I know). It was good for both of them though. It looks like it will be a couple more weeks before Lori’s mom gets out. Probably on or around the 11th. Sometime next week (I’m guessing towards the end) we will have to figure out what she will need at home to get by. The rehab facility will send someone out to the house to do an inspection and to make recommendations. I guess we take it from there.

No visitors at the house this weekend. Lori’s brother from Tallahassee (Jimmy) could not make it. Not sure why. Didn’t ask Lori – she probably knows. I think he is planning on coming next week but don’t quote me on that. Her brother Reed (from Orlando) just came in for the afternoon and evening. He should be on his way back home by now from what I understood.

Since Reed was here Lori did not go up to see her mom today at all. She called her a couple of times but never went up there. I guess since Reed wont be here tomorrow Lori will head back up for a couple of hours. It really lifts her mom’s spirits when someone is there with her. I’ve got a job I’m trying to get out by Monday morning so it’s another long weekend for me (bout 24 hours between Saturday & Sunday). Maybe one of the boys can go up with Lori tomorrow. Hope she doesn’t stay too long and over-do it. Are you reading this Lori :o) Oh well, you do what you have to. We know you want to be with your Momma as much as you can. Gotta take care of yourself too though!

So, back to the pain. As I said there is some change, and right now that is a good thing. Not a miracle cure by any means, but at least a little change. Perhaps it will be over soon.

No comments: