Saturday, April 22, 2006
A Couple Of Good Days!
The past few days have been pretty good for Lori. She is dealing with the pain as best as she can. Her Mom seems to be on the road to recovery as well so that helps tremendously.
Speaking of Lori’s Mom, she was moved to a room right near the back entrance to the rehab facility. This is great. Lori is able to drive herself up there in the morning (before it gets too hot) and, using her walker, get to her Mom’s room by herself. She has been up there every day since her Mom was moved. It is really good for her to be able to do that on her own.
The 1st day she went by herself she stayed a bit too long and paid the price later. Since then she has done a much better job of pacing herself. She said a couple of times this week how much she likes having her walker. I’m glad it helps her.
This morning Lori brought Kimberly up to see “Grandma”. Kimberly is the 14th of Lori’s 15 Chatty Cathy dolls. Lori and her mom have had quite a bit of fun with “the girls” over the past year. The girls even made Grandma a get-well card with their picture on it. They all signed it too. I think Lori, her Mom, and Kimberly are having too much fun today. Lori has been up there (at the rehab facility) for almost 3 hours now. She’s going to be really hurting if she stays up there much longer. It’s also getting pretty hot for her to be walking out in the sun.
Perhaps I’ll check in on her after I post this and make sure she is OK.
I believe Wednesday is when we go for Lori’s Epidural. Hopefully it will work. I’ll make sure to post the results.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment