Sunday, December 11, 2005

New Nephrologist!



Tuesday we go see our new nephrologist. We hope we like and respect him as much as Dr. Tumlin. It was really hard to leave him. He was one of the few Doctors that really listens and also knows what he is talking about.

We will be seeing Dr. Mark Segal. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor at the UF College of Medicine with a specialty in Lupus Nephritis. Shands Info Link

He is, as was Dr. Tumlin, involved in clinical trials with the Lupus Research Institute. ( Link to one I found ) Google is not working tonight and I am having no luck using the other search engines. I know there is much more info on Dr. Segal available, I just can’t find it tonight.

It is unfair, I know, to compare the new Doctor to Dr. Tumlin. After this post I will try to avoid it.

The ride to Gainesville will be a whole lot better than the ride to Atlanta was (2 ½ hours compared to 8 hrs for those of you who don’t know). If we can get mid morning appointments it will be a day trip instead of 2-3 days. That in itself would be great.

The important part is Lori feel comfortable with him. With the POTS diagnosis a while back we need to get someone we trust. The treatment for POTS is bad for Lori’s Kidneys, and visa-versa. Lori has not done much to treat either condition while we waited for the new Doctor. Once we talk to Dr Segal, and get back in touch with the Dr Kuo (the Cardiologist) we can hopefully start treating something again.

I’ll let everyone know how it goes on Tuesday night.

No comments: