Saturday, October 29, 2005

Labs Are Back



Sorry it took so long to post the latest Lab results. I’ve had a busy week and don’t feel too good myself. Some kinda head cold thing kickin’ my butt for over a week now.

Anyway, the labs are back and they look surprisingly good! The proteinuria has dropped to its lowest level since May 2004. The Total Protein is 3186. Keep in mind the ‘normal’ level is supposed to be <150, so we have a long way to go, but this improvement is without any treatment for the past 5 months due to the low WBC Lori had.

At this point we are hopeful that this downward trend will continue and eventually the Nephritis will go into remission. We have yet to hear from the Nephrologist in Gainesville.  I will give them a call next week if I don’t hear from them on Monday.

The Low White Blood Cell count has improved also. The count is now at 3.3. 3.8 is the low end of the normal range, so we’re almost there. We’re still not sure what caused the severe drop to begin with. We’ll probably never know for sure. If it were the chemo it should have ‘fixed’ itself quite some time ago (according to Dr. Tumlin). Perhaps with everything going on it just took some extra time to build itself back up. Keep your fingers crossed it keeps going up.

Lori’s energy level is about the same as it has been since she got her support hose and revised her meds. She has been able to do some activities, followed by some serious naps. Kinda like the old days. Oh well, at least once again she is able to do something.

We haven’t filled the prescription for the new steroid that is supposed to treat the POTS. I think Lori is afraid of going on another steroid. The side effects are similar to Prednisone but according to Dr. Kuo they shouldn’t be quite as bad. Everything I have found out about the drug says the side effects will be as bad. I’m sure Lori has found the same information. I don’t know if that’s why Lori hasn’t filled her prescription or not, but my guess is that’s it.

Tomorrow is Halloween. Some of you know what that means, but for those of you who don’t it is when we start decorating for Christmas. Last year Lori could not do anything. It was a pretty depressing time. Here is the post I did last year. The Christmas Miracle I asked for never happened. Maybe this year. Lori is going to try (a little at a time) to do the decorating again. I know what ever she does will be wonderful.

I update you on her progress later in the week.

No comments: