Sunday, September 04, 2005

Anxiously Awaiting Tuesday

Sunday - 3:00. We have about 43 hours till the Hematologist and 47 till the Cardiologist. Lori is still have some discomfort where she had her biopsy. For the most part she is OK but every now and then I will see her really flinch from the pain, especially if she is lying down and changing positions.

While we are anxious about the results of the biopsy we are more nervous about the Cardiologist appointment. Yesterday, Lori shared with us (the boy's and I) the fact that she was scared. It took a bit to get it out of her but when she finally let go she said a lot.

I don't blame her one bit for being frightened. I think any of us would be a little dismayed if we were in the same situation. Lori sees it as her Lupus is attacking another organ, and this time a major one. Yes, the Kidneys are major organs but you can live with kidney damage. You can even live without your Kidneys if you have dialysis often enough (not a pleasant thought by any means). You heart, on the other hand, is the key to everything. If it is damaged or diseased you are in trouble. Of course we know there are great things they can do with your heart these days, but it is scary.

Everyone who is reading this knows Lori well enough to know she is not a fatalistic person. If anything she is the most upbeat, positive person most of us know. She never lets things get to her and can always find the good in most any situation. This one though, has her a bit spooked.

I think she is feeling a little better about it today than she was yesterday. Getting it off her chest has helped. She is still nervous, but letting out her feelings has definitely helped.

I hope they are able to tell us something when we go to the appointment. We have avoided trying to figure out what the possibilities could be on the internet. This is something we have become quite proficient at but in this case there would be way too much speculation on our part, and that wouldn't do us any good.

Unless something comes up I wont post any more till after our appointments on Tuesday. Check back then - I will post results just as quick as I can

No comments: