Sunday, November 07, 2004

Wow - three posts behind!

So much for posting twice a day!

Friday PM:
Friday night was great - even though it wiped Lori out. We gathered on the football field before the game. We then got to wolk down the 50 yard line, meeting Mike half way. We then walked off the field as they said a little about Mike and his goals & accomplishments. After some standing and pictures we went to the sands for the start of the game.

I left with the band during the 2nd quarter to go help during warm-up & help with the half time show. Lori stayed in the stands to watch the show. After half time I went to the stands to check on Lori . . . she looked pretty bad. She was definately ready to go home. We left at the begining of the third quarter. She really wanted to be able to make it through the whole game. I got her home and into bed (I thought) and then back to help the band after the game. Turns out right after Lori got settled in on the couch Ricky & Jay came over (yeah). They talked to her till I got home after the game - then she went to bed.


Saturday:
Lori woke up feeling pretty good (slept till 10:00ish). Ricky & Jay spent the night. She enjoyed them being here when she got up. I worked for a bit in the morning but then had to do my "chores". Lori talked R & J into helping clean the house (thanks again guys). She picked up a bit too. maybe a half hours worth.

Mike had a couple of friends over for lunch (pizza) The band had practice in the morining then a competition at night. When they got here (12:30 ish) Lori and I went to the living room while they stayed in the family room. Lori said she was going to go to the competition later that evening. R & J would take her. After sitting there for an hour or so she decided she would not make it to the competition. I agreed 100%. She was still real tired and sore from yesterday football game. There was na way she would make it through another performance.

So - She got set up on the couch and Mike and I went off to the competition. It's a good thing she didn't go. She ended up going to bed at 7:30!


Sunday AM:
Lori got up and ready for work OK this morning. She just called me and told me she was not doing good but wanted to see if she could last till 4:00. She said:

"this is so hard for me . . . working
I can't even concentrate . . .
I can't think straight . . ."

I asked if she was just "out of practice from being off for ten weeks"

She said:
"No. It should be second nature . I should be able to do it with my eyes closed. I know how to do all of this.. . .
It's hard to explain. . .
I felt just like this last week . . . thought it was just from being so out of it.
today's the same way . . it's weird"

So - with that I get back to work. I'll update later on the rest of the day